September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. What can you do to help?
1) Donate blood;
2) Join the bone marrow registry at www.bethematch.org;
3) Organize a donation drive at your office, church or child's school for your local Ronald McDonald House (they'll let you know what they need);
4) Gather a group of people to cook dinner at your local Ronald McDonald House;
5) Ask your local children's hospital how you could volunteer. Sometimes parents need someone to watch their child for a couple of hours while they go shopping, do laundry, take a shower, etc. Many families are separated while their children undergo therapy and don't have help;
6) Donate to The JMML Foundation.
This site complies with the HONcode
standard for trustworthy health
information: verify here.